Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vintage Trailer Lover Pillows

My embroidered travel trailer pillow design.Here's an image of my vintage travel trailer embroidery. I did this one in an aqua/teal color thread. I think I like this color the best myself. It seems to catch my eye when I see them all together.

Here's a group shot of embroideries for travel trailer pillows.Here's the group shot of the embroidery stitch-outs. I circled the first, original one I sewed out. I just noticed, now that I see the photo, the background fabric is different for this one. That's okay, all the pillows will be a bit different once they are finished. No two alike!

I will be sewing the pillows - making them up as I go along - this week. I plan to do these seven to sell just to test out the market on them. If they go rather quickly I'll make up more. At this point I am thinking they will have simple borders of coordinating color fabrics or a simple patchwork border. Look for an update here in a few days.

I think I mentioned before, in a previous post, that I want to start my Vintage Travel Trailer Fund through the sale of my sewn items. These pillows will be the start of that. I'm looking forward to getting my own little 'home away from home' and take off to the lake with it for some fishing. It would also be great to have it for mini vacations to do some traveling around the country. Oh, what fun!

Oh! I forgot to share with you . . . There is a new book comin out May 18th about the Sisters On The Fly. It looks like it will be fun. Here's a link to a new youtube video the Sisters are sharing with all their friends to help promote the book. Sisters On The Fly are not getting any royalties off this book, but are helping to promote it for the author, Irene Rawlings, the publisher, Andrews McMeel, with photos by David Foxworth. The first book signing is in Denver with some Sisters On The Fly members traveling there with their vintage trailers to celebrate the event.
This link was provided to help get the word out. If you want to go take a peek, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZd0TQY2fBg

1 comment:

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.